If you want to make a delicious Asian recipe, the Siomai recipe is one of the best recipes you could ever make!
According to Wikipedia, Shumai is a type of traditional Chinese dumpling that is originated from Hohhot. In Cantonese cuisine, it is usually served as a dim sum snack. Variation of shaomai also appears in Japan and various Southeast Asian countries.
In the Philippines, Siomai is often ground pork, beef, shrimp, and the like. It is combined with extenders like garlic, green peas, carrots, and others which are then wrapped in wonton wrappers. It can also be cooked by steaming or frying. You can dip it in calamansi and soy sauce and it will be insanely delicious!
Here are some of the most amazing recipes you should know in Siomai!
TOP SIOMAI RECIPES
How To Make Pork Siomai I Siomai Recipe Filipino Style I Homemade Siomai
Beef Siomai | Filipino Recipe
PAOTSIN Complete Recipe | SHARKSFIN dumpling + HAINANESE Rice + PAOTSIN Sauce | COMPLETE RECIPE HACK
Siumai, from scratch – How to Make Cantonese Dim Sum style Siu Mai (烧卖)
Easy Chicken Siomai Recipe | How to make Chicken Siomai
Homemade Dumplings 3 Ways
RECOMMENDED TOOLS WHEN MAKING A SIOMAI
- BELLA Two-Tier Food Steamer – Healthy, Fast Simultaneous Cooking, Stackable Baskets for Vegetables or Meats, Rice/Grains Tray, Auto Shutoff & Boil Dry Protection, 7.4 QT, Black
- U-Taste Silicone Spatula Set – with 600 Degrees Fahrenheit Heat Resistant (Purple)
- Zoie + Chloe 100% Natural Bamboo Steamer Basket – with Bonus Reusable Cotton Liners
- U-Taste 10 Piece Measuring Cups and Spoons – Set in 18/8 Stainless Steel
- Cuisinart Kitcheniismo – Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
TOP SIOMAI/DUMPLING COOKBOOKS
- 101 Asian Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die: Discover a New World of Flavors in Authentic Recipes
- Dumplings All Day Wong: A Cookbook of Asian Delights From a Top Chef
- Damn Good Dumplings: 60 Innovative Favorites for Every Occasion
- This Is a Book About Dumplings
Pork Siomai is really a traditional Chinese dumpling. This popular was loved by many Filipinos for you can see it almost everywhere! Stalls, restaurants, eateries, and many more.
Siomai is the Filipino term for steamed Chinese dumplings that are usually filled with pork, beef, shrimp, and chicken.
Siomai is something that Filipino loves due to its delicious texture that fits well the taste of Filipinos. Before it was steamed siomai and became more popular when it has another way of cooking which is flying.