Pan De Coco is a delicious soft bread roll that has grated sweetened coconut meat filling. It is popular in Asia, especially in the Philippines due to its rich flavor and texture.
The combination of ingredients when making this bread is over-the-top delicious! Perfect for snacks for this recipe will never let you down!
First, let’s start making Pan De Coco!
Prepare all the ingredients
Combine lukewarm milk, egg, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Mix. Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
Then add in flour, salt and sugar. Mix, add in vegetable oil and butter next then mix again.
Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Grease hands. Continue to knead until it is elastic. Form into a ball. Place in a greased bowl. Cover. Rest for an hour.
While the dough is resting, make the filling. Melt butter and pour in grated coconut and sugar. Cook until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
After an hour. Punch out the air. Form the dough into a log. Cut uniformly.
Flatten each one. Place a tablespoon of coconut filling. Form into a ball.
Transfer one by one on a greased baking tray. Flatten each one. Pokes holes using a fork. Cover. Rest again for another 15 minutes.
Brush each one with egg wash.
Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes.
Serve. Enjoy your delicious Pan de coco!
Pan De Coco Recipe
- 240 ml Lukewarm milk
- 2 tbsp White sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tsp Dry active yeast
- 3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup White sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- Prepare all the ingredients
- Combine lukewarm milk, egg, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Mix then let it cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and sugar. Mix, add vegetable oil and butter.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Grease hands
- Continue kneading until dough is elastic. Form into a ball and place it in a greased bowl. Cover, let rest for an hour
- While the dough is resting, make the filling. Melt butter and pour grated coconut and sugar. Cook it until sugar dissolves, set aside
- After an hour, punch out the air from the dough. Form it into a log and cut it uniformly
- Flatten each one. Place a tablespoon of coconut filling, form into a ball
- Transfer one by one on a greased baking tray
- Flatten each one then poke holes using a fork. Cover, let it rest again for another 15 mins
- Brush each one with egg wash and bake at 325 ℉ for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious pan de coco!
Pan De Coco originated from the Philippines.
Follow the instructions above and you can make one in no time!
According to Carbmanager, Coconut Bun Pan De Coco (1 bun) contains 28g of carbs.