A doughnut or donut is a type of leavened fried dough. It is popular in many countries and is prepared in various forms as a sweet snack that can be homemade or purchased in bakeries and many more. You can see it almost everywhere! You can add toppings, fillings, and different ingredients according to your taste.
Prepare all the ingredients.
In a bowl, combine milk, yeast, egg and sugar. Whisk.
Pour in flour and salt. Mix using a spatula.
(Dough will be a little dry) Add butter.
Knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
Continue kneading. Form into a ball. Place it on a greased bowl. Cover. Rest for 1 hour.
Punch the air out. Form the dough into a log.
Slice them uniformly.
Form dough into a ball. Punch a hole in the middle.
Using the small pieces of cut out, form into another donut.
Cover. Rest for 15 minutes.
Remove cover. Prepare for deep frying. Preheat pan.
Fry the donuts.
Flip over when one side is golden brown.
Remove donuts from the pan.
Use a strainer to drain excess oil.
Serve. Enjoy your delicious meal!
Sugar Donuts Recipe
- 1 cup Warm milk
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp White sugar
- 2 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cooking oil
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine mik, yeast, egg, and sugaar. Whisk
- Pour in flour and salt. Mix using a spatula.
- (dough will be a little dry) Add butter.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Continue kneading. Form into a ball. Place it on a greased bowl. Cover. Rest for 1 hour.
- Punch the air out. Form the dough into a log.
- Slice them uniformy.
- Form dough into a ball. Punch a hole in the middle.
- Using the small pieces of cut out, form into another donut.
- Cover. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover. Prepare for deep frying.. Preheat pan.
- Fry the donuts.
- Continue frying.
- Flip over when one side is golden brown.
- Remove donuts from the pan.
- Use a strainer to drain excess oil.
Raised donuts (otherwise known as “regular” donuts to most) prepared more like bread. The dough is mixed with live yeast inside of it. Then an experienced baker will knead and shape the dough into desired shapes. – https://www.stgeorgesdonuts.net/featured/2017/7/13/cake-vs-regular-donut
Add some flour, if you need to get the dough off the sides of the bowl. Add the rest of the flour if needed, to form a soft dough ball. Knead the dough for about 5 – 7 minutes until you have a soft, shiny, slightly tacky dough. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes in your hands till you have a smooth dough ball. – https://www.theflavorbender.com/how-to-make-perfect-doughnuts-troubleshooting-vanilla-glaze/
Frying at a too-low temperature. Frying at too low a temperature will result in greasy doughnuts with a tough crust. It’s better to add doughnuts to slightly warmer-than-desired oil, as the dough will bring the oil temperature down a few degrees, than to too-cool oil.