Chocolate Mousse is seen everywhere on the internet today. ‘Cause, why not, right? It’s delicious, sweet, and absolutely easy to make! It is made as a smooth light mass with whipped cream and beaten egg white, flavored with chocolate, fish, etc. (It depends on the flavor of your choice), and typically served chilled.
Did you know that the French, lovers of culinary wonder, were first to discover mousse? It is actually a French word meaning “froth” or “foam”!
Anyways, I know you’re excited so let’s get it on!
- Prepare ingredients, chopped the chocolate of your choice. It can be sweet, semi-sweet or whatever you want!
- Boil water in a small saucepan, set over a double broiler and add the chopped chocolate
3. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, add cream and whip it for about 1-2 mins
5. Slowly fold in melted chocolate in the bowl of whipped cream
6. Place the mixture in a bowl
7. Refrigerate at least for an hour
8. For garnish: garnish grated chocolate on top of the cream!
9. You’re done! Now all you need to do is enjoy your delicious Chocolate Mousse! Yum!
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- Prepare the ingredients. Chop the chocolate bars into pieces.
- Boil water into a small saucepan, set over double broiler.
- Melt the chopped chocolate into the boiled water and stir until completely melted. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add cream and whip it for 1-2 mins.
- Slowly fold in the melted chocolate into the bowl of whipped cream.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate it for at least an hour.
- For garnish: garnish grated chocolate into top of cream.
- Your delicious Chocolate Mousse is now done. Enjoy your delicious meal!
Follow the instructions above and you can make easy and delicious chocolate mousse in no time!
Chocolate mousse can last up to 4-5 days. Make sure to refrigerate it though!
Mix a tablespoon of corn starch with water or milk and add it to watery mousse, heat this up and this will help thicken your chocolate mousse.
You know you made a great chocolate mousse if it is super smooth, airy, chocolatey and just melts in the mouth. No need to melt it manually!