If you’re looking for a great chicken recipe, you wouldn’t want to miss this one! This amazing yellow curry chicken recipe of Thailand is delicious, rich in texture, nutritious and so much easy to do!
Yellow curry with plenty of vegetables is likely to be high in vitamin A and vitamin C. Dietary cholesterol raises your cholesterol levels, and chicken curry has 33 mg of cholesterol or 10 percent of the daily value. Only animal-derived foods contain cholesterol, and vegetarian yellow Thai curry is cholesterol-free. – Livestrong
Ready to try this awesome recipe? What are you waiting for? Let’s dive in!
Prepare all the ingredients
In a preheated pan, pour in 1 cup of coconut cream. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
Add 2 tbsp curry paste
Add diced chicken breast. Let it cook for a few minutes
Pour in the remaining coconut cream and chicken stock.
Season with brown sugar and fish sauce
Drop-in 2-3 pieces kaffir lime leaves
Let it simmer for 5 minutes to infuse all the flavors
Add eggplant, bell pepper, and basil leaves
Serve and enjoy!
- 1 ½ cup Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. Yellow curry paste
- 4 pcs. Chicken breast
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. palm / brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2-3 pcs. Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 pcs. Eggplant
- 2-3 pcs. Bell peppers
- Basil leaves
- In a preheated pan, pour in 1 cup coconut cream.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp curry paste.
- Add diced chicken breast. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the remaining coconut cream and chicken stock.
- Season with brown sugar and fish sauce
- Drop in 2-3 pieces kaffir lime leaves
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes to infuse all the flavors.
- Add eggplant, bell pepper, and basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Whether you make your own curry spice mixes or pastes, turmeric is often an ingredient called for. Many curry recipes use not only the prepared curry spice mix or paste, but additional fresh or ground turmeric powder. This results in the curry having that golden color that makes the dish so attractive. – thespruceeats
Thai green curry sauce is hot, a Thai red curry is medium-hot, and a Thai yellow curry is mild-medium.
Add an equal amount of red curry paste for the yellow in your recipe. Decrease the amount to three-quarters of the yellow curry paste amount for a milder flavor, if desired. – eHow