Tomato soup, from the word itself “tomato”, is a soup with tomatoes as its primary ingredient. It can be served hot or cold and can be done in so many ways! Tomato soup is highly nutritious as it is low in calories and high in potassium and vitamins C, K, and A.
Tomato soup may be smooth in texture, and many recipes include different kinds of ingredients such as: meatballs, chunks of other vegetables, chunks of tomato, cream, chicken or vegetable stock, vermicelli, and etc.
Without further talking, let’s start making one!
Prepare all the ingredients
Make a cross in the bottom of the tomato
Plunge the tomatoes in boiling water
Blanch for about 30 seconds – 1 minute
Place tomatoes in ice bath bowl
Peel the skin off the tomato
Remove the seeds
Place the tomatoes in a heated pan. Add in the stock.
Puree the tomatoes
Add the tomato paste
Season with sugar, salt and pepper
Place in butter. Stir until butter melts
Serve. Well done! Enjoy your delicious meal!
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 6-8 pcs Tomatoes
- 2 cup Broth
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Prepare all the ingredients
- Make a cross on the bottom of the tomato
- Plunge the tomatoes in boiling water
- Blanch for about 30 secs – 1 minute
- Place tomatoes in ice bath bowl
- Peel the skin off the tomato
- Remove the seeds
- Place the tomatoes in a heated pan. Add in the stock
- Puree the tomatoes then add the tomato paste
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper
- Place butter, wait until butter melts
- Serve. Well done! Enjoy your delicious meal!
Follow the instructions above and you can make one in no time!
Absolutely not! According to research, tomato soup is an excellent source of antioxidants, including lycopene, flavonoids, and vitamins C and E, among many others. Consuming antioxidants has been linked with a lower risk of cancer and inflammation-related diseases, such as obesity and heart disease. – check this link: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tomato-soup-benefits
Yes! Tomato soup is highly nutritious and provides 20% of the daily recommended value of vitamin C. So you can keep eating it for it will make your body super healthy!