A delicious and popular dish in the Philippines, Sisig is a dish made from pork, now chicken and fish, which is usually seasoned with calamansi, onions, and chili peppers. Served in a sizzling plate with sunny-side egg and mayonnaise on top.
Sisig has originated in the region of Pampanga in Luzon. According to Cunanan’s recipe, preparing sisig comes in three phases: boiling, broiling, and finally grilling. A pig’s head is first boiled to remove hairs and tenderize them. Portions of it are then chopped and grilled or broiled. Finally, coarsely chopped onions are added and served on a sizzling plate. –Wikipedia
TOP SISIG RECIPES
Sizzling Crispy Sisig
This is one of the best recipes you’ll surely love. This sisig is made with pork belly that is boiled and fried to reach that kind of crispiness that makes it extremely delicious!
CHICKEN SISIG | SIMPLE AND EASY TO FOLLOW RECIPE
If you’re not a pork lover and want a chicken instead, this recipe is perfect for you! A delicious chicken thigh or breast and chicken liver combined with chopped onions, pepper, mayonnaise, calamansi juice, and chili.
Sizzling Tuna Sisig
This recipe is a sisig made of tuna. Rich in texture, delicious, and super easy to make! Tuna is a delicious fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids that reduces rates of cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks.
Another sisig with fish as main ingredient, this time it is made of boneless Bangus. This recipe has the Filipino’s national fish and is truly loved by many Filipinos!
Lechon Kawali Sisig from Señor Sisig
Lechon kawali is a Filipino recipe that composes of deep-fried pork belly slabs. This sisig recipe is made with this crispy and delicious Lechon kawali. Perfect for absolutely everything!
AUTHENTIC SISIG KAPAMPANGAN RECIPE
The most authentic sisig recipe— an original Sisig Kapampangan recipe. Insanely delicious that you takes you back to local dishes that you will never regret!
BEST TOOLS WHEN MAKING A SISIG
- SIZZLING PLATE: Fajita Plate Set – Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Fajita Pan with Wooden Tray and Hot Mitt by Old Mountain
- GRILL: Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Viewing Window and Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate, 6-Serving, Extra-Large Drip Tray, Stainless Steel (25361)
- DEEP FRYER: T-fal Deep Fryer with Basket, Stainless Steel, Easy to Clean Deep Fryer, Oil Filtration, 2.6-Pound, Silver, Model FR8000
- DEEP PAN (If you don’t have a deep fryer, this will do!): Carote 6.5-Quart Nonstick Saute Pan with Helper Handle, Deep Skillet with Cover, Non-Stick Jumbo Cooker Granite Stone Coating from Switzerland,12.5 inch
- I Am a Filipino: And This Is How We Cook
- The World of Filipino Cooking: Food and Fun in the Philippines by Chris Urbano of “Maputing Cooking” (over 90 recipes)
- The Filipino Instant Pot Cookbook: Classic and Modern Filipino Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker
- The Filipino Cookbook: 85 Homestyle Recipes to Delight your Family and Friends